- Before you can post or comment with a character in either comm, you must apply and be accepted here.
- Each player is be limited to 6 characters. However, provided a player has six characters and maintained good activity for all of them, they may request a seventh slot. In the event they drop a character though, they will have to request the seventh slot again. More details on the seventh slot can be found here.
- Furthermore, after introducing a new canon to the RP, each player will have to wait at least one full activity cycle before they may do so again.
- When posting an app, please put the character name and whether the character was reserved in the comment subject
- You may not app characters who are Reserved, Taken or serve a primarily antagonistic role without working something out with the mods first - please read those two entries first, along with the FAQ if you're new.
- The template is below, note that depending on what kind of character you are apping you may be able to ignore some portions of the template.
- You must fill out all sections marked REQUIRED; other sections are optional or may not be relevant to your character.
- Please note that the Unit/Flagship sections are required if you want to have one, and should be written in your own words. Supplemental links to wikis or MAHQ are fine, but only as supplements; we need to know you can play your unit in combat just like we need to know you can play your character in RP.
- Before writing the app, it is extremely important that you familiarize yourself with the world of UG@ and read the wiki. The world is not a blank slate for you to work with; it is a specific post-apocalyptic setting with a large amount of predetermined backstory and as a result, there are some things which simply will not be found in it
- If you want to app an OC (original character), please view the section below the app template.
- Any character for which canon review would be difficult and/or require a large amount of money (such as video games and untranslated works, fan translations are usually okay) requires a full write up, using the rules outlined for Original Characters below.
- For notes on each specific section click here.
- Due to UG@ entering endgame, limitations on applying new canons come into effect. These affect only already-established players who have characters in the game, not new players. Details are here.
The Application (Copy and paste this, then fill it out.)
- The most important thing to remember when designing your original character: your OC can't do everything. As well, be reasonable with your character's powers: the "power level" here is pretty high, but try to be self-consistent at least.
- Your original character must be detailed enough that we can run a game with them, and show us that you have put enough thought into the character that you know them as well as you would know any other character that someone else made up. While we don't necessarily expect you to not make up anything on the fly while RPing your OC, we do need them to have enough definition in the first place that they don't become your personal "whatever is convenient at the time" spouting device.
- The above also means we reserve the right to ask for longer or more detailed Personality and/or Background section, simply to make sure we have a full idea of the character without canon review to fall back on.
- The mech/battleship and capabilities/resources sections are just as, if not more, important than background and personality, if they're applicable to your character. Also, a physical description of its appearance is highly encouraged.
- If your OC is written using plot devices from another canon, please make sure you ask the player's playing from those canons first. Some things are assumed to be part of the setting as opposed to any particular canon, so being a Coordinator, Newtype, Psychodriver or what not is generally okay so long as you aren't a super special example. Anything more specific, such as being a member of such and such organization or having been at a historical event definitely needs permission.
- You need an event list if you want events, and your event list needs to be a little more detailed than for a canon character for the same reasons as personality and background.
- The sample post section may take several forms for non-OCs, but for original characters we ask for a post on testrun_box. This is to ensure you have a good grip on your character's personality and how to roleplay them.